Keeping active, fit and strong is important at any stage of life, but even more so for our Seniors.
Staying active can prevent or delay many of the health problems that come with age. Regular exercise also helps your muscles grow stronger so you can keep doing your day-to-day activities without becoming dependent on others.
To help our older members stay fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle, the City of Sydney fitness centres run a number of GOLD and other senior wellness classes through the week. These classes are tailor made to help Seniors move better, improve balance and help with flexibility.
In addition to exercise, we also understand the importance of socialising with others to help with mental health, improving memory and reducing stress and isolation. Joining other like-minded people in a group fitness class is a wonderful way to reduce loneliness and to make new friends.
To encourage our seniors (both current members and non-members) to exercise and socialise, we would like you to join us for a complementary fitness class followed by a social catch up with light refreshments.
For our current members, feel free to bring along a friend with you.
If you can’t make it to a class, then drop by for a coffee and chat.
Participating locations include;
Attend a Class
Come along to one of our group fitness classes and then take up the opportunity to socialise afterwards and enjoy a coffee and bite to eat.
|Classes and Social Catch Up Details|
|Cook + Phillip Park Pool||Monday 24 July, Light Lunch from 1:15pm (commencing after 12:30pm Shallow Aqua and 12:30pm Yoga)|
|Victoria Park Pool||Tuesday 25 July, Brunch from 10am (commencing after 9:00am Pilates)|
|Gunyama Park||Wednesday 26 July, Brunch from 11am (commencing after 10:15am Dance Fit class)|
|Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre||Friday 28 July, Brunch from 11:45am (commencing after 11:00am GOLD Yoga class)|
Meet some of our senior 360 members
- A valid seniors card, or proof of identity and age must be shown at the reception desk in participating centres for non-members to participate in the classes and social gatherings.
- Credits will not be applied to membership accounts.
- 360 swim only concession members will be able to access fitness products and programs on the dates stated above only.
- Group fitness class bookings for casual users and non-fitness members can only be booked half hour prior to class commencing, at the reception desk in-centre.
- Locations participating in this special include;
- Cook + Phillip Park Pool
- Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre
- Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre
- Victoria Park Pool