Winter is just as important as Summer in staying active and healthy. You boost your immune system, keep the winter blues away, minimise weight gain and stay mentally and physically strong.
This is true for all ages but is even more important as we start to get older. In fact there are some incredible life changing benefits to doing regular exercise when you are 55 years or older:
- It can prevent or delay many health issues that occur when we age such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, dementia and many others.
- Strength training in particular helps build muscle strength and prevents bone loss so you are able to do day to day activities with greater ease and minimal pain. It also means if you do have a injury, the recovery time will be shorter.
- Reduces stress, anxiety and wards off depression.
- Helps with balance and coordination which reduces the chances of falling.
- Participating in classes has the added benefit of encouraging people to socialise with others and make new friends.
Attend a Class
Come along to one of our group fitness classes and then take up the opportunity to socialise afterwards and enjoy a coffee and bite to eat.
Click on a location to learn more about classes available at each centre;
Meet some of our senior 360 members
- A valid seniors card, or proof of identity and age must be shown at the reception desk in participating centres for non-members to participate in the classes and social gatherings.
- Credits will not be applied to membership accounts.
- 360 swim only concession members will be able to access fitness products and programs on the dates stated above only.
- Group fitness class bookings for casual users and non-fitness members can only be booked half hour prior to class commencing, at the reception desk in-centre.
- Locations participating in this special include;
- Cook + Phillip Park Pool
- Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre
- Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre
- Victoria Park Pool